Teacher Training Grant
The Fort Vermilion School Division Teacher Training Grant was established to encourage high school graduates of the FVSD to pursue teacher training and return to our jurisdiction. The following guidelines apply:
- Candidates for grants must have completed their high school education under the supervision of Fort Vermilion School Division.
- Candidates become eligible for grants only when hired in their first year of teaching by Fort Vermilion School Division.
- For eligible candidates, grants will be paid:
- half of the grant after successful completion of the probationary year(s); and
- final half upon recommendation for permanent certification.
- Grants will not be paid out if the candidate resigns or is terminated prior to the end of the first and/or second years of the contract.
- The maximum candidates to be approved annually will not normally exceed five.
- The total amount of the grant per candidate will not exceed $3000 per year.